17 December 2005

23

That's it, my 2nd birthday in Germany.....

I remember writing an article last year straight away after my birthday, and to be precise, exactly one day after my 22nd birthday. So here i am once again, sitting on the same spot in my room, repeating the same feat with the same old but evergreen compaq laptop whilst trying nonchalantly to flip through the virtual pages of the previous years in a retrospective manner.

Improbable as it may sound, i actually believe that i've grown much more in the previous year than the 22 years before it. Perhaps the confluence of various factors, both extrinsic and intrinsic alike, have had a subtle but great influence on me.

With the things i've seen, with the experiences i've gone through, with the moves i've taken, with the decisions i've made and with this and that happening along the way, you can't expect me to be the same person that i used to be.

I remember asking myself on a regular basis : is it actually worthwhile to sacrifice this for the sake of that ?
but now i'm telling myself : i'll not question it anymore but rather, i'll make it worthwhile.

I remember telling myself : How nice would it be if i were to study locally and to have all those mamak stall experiences, chilling out with familiar faces and so on ...
but now i'm telling myself : How nice would it be if i were to be able to do the things that i could't do back there and experience the things that i couldn't possibly experience locally.

and i also remember making wishes on each and every birthday that i've had before this, only to have either been let down or to have forgotten completely about it after a fortnight. That is why i opted for not making any wishes this particular year, but rather setting targets for myself.

Of course, i do still feel down and get frustrated with things once in a while, but i recover much more swiftly and incipiently after that than ever.To be frank, i just realised this actually...hehehe

Ohh ya, perhaps it's time to look more aggresively for a GF ?? :p


4 Comments:

Blogger Cirnelle said...

"I remember asking myself on a regular basis : is it actually worthwhile to sacrifice this for the sake of that ?
but now i'm telling myself : i'll not question it anymore but rather, i'll make it worthwhile."

Thats what i call the fighter spirit! :)

10:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

Happy belated 13th birthday.
Finally you've grown up.

5:08 PM  
Blogger Teong Hee said...

13 ??? i'm 23 la bang...

5:38 PM  
Blogger Leangz~** said...

Add on, Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!

8:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home