25 November 2003

‘’Go or don’t go’’ ….although this looks to be a rather simple phrase , it has plagued my mind all day long, and to be precise, from the very minute I woke up this morning.
Well , serious as it may sound , it’s actually about whether or not to attend a wedding dinner of a relative. Though it’s just as easy as making a choice, somehow I find it tough to make up my mind , reason being that this would be the second of the three dinners I have to attend within one week…I have attended the first one just a couple of days ago , and there’ll be another one on Saturday …..and to be frank to u , i’m sick of it already…
U may say , ‘ hey look pal, if u dun feel like going , just forget about it lah…’
I wish that it’s as simple as that .In actuality , the complexity of the problem is sometimes beyond the computational power of human brain…..hehe…..yeah, I ain’t no joking..
Even before I have made up my mind , my parents have been nagging at me and making me feel obliged to attend the dinners…
U see , Chinese would perceive any reluctance to attend a wedding dinner as a vote of insincerity and ‘’not giving face’’ , no matter how clear the logic or reason behind it. So basically i was left with no choice but to choose the green pill and attend the dinner….and here I am, sitting in front of my laptop after coming back from the 2nd dinner of the week…
The only thing I could do now is go jogging everyday and watch my diet , as I do not wish to become a victim of obesity due to the excessive intake of calories from these dinners!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home